Protect your retrofit low profile LED recessed lights with the TENMAT FF130R LED Recessed Downlight Protection Covers and significantly reduce unwanted energy loss.
The TENMAT FF130R LED Recessed Downlight Protection Cover is a fire resistant enclosure that was specifically designed for retrofitting applications. The ultra flexible nature of the material allows the cover to get rolled up for easy retrofit, remodel or new construction installation from below the ceiling to protect modern low profile LED light fixture from insulation and to stop unwanted airleakage through the light fixture.
The TENMAT FF130R LED Recessed Downlight Protection Cover has been tested in accordance with UL1598 for usage with IC and Non-IC rated recessed LED lights, ultra thin wafer LED lights and LED retrofit kits (Max. wattage 13.5W).
The FF130R LED Recessed Downlight Cover is suitable for most low profile LED lights, ultra-thin wafer LED recessed lights, LED recessed retrofit downlights, LED recessed ceiling light and recessed spotlight remodel kits installed in floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assemblies (attic spaces).
Most recessed lights are not compatible with insulation and oftentimes start cycling on/off after they have been buried with cellulose, foam, fiberglass, etc. The lights’ malfunction is a concern and a safety hazard. Pushing the insulation away is not an effective solution since it creates air passages in the building envelope and wastes energy.
According to the Department of Energy, recessed lights account for 50% of the total thermal losses of a ceiling. Due to the improved airtightness and insulation, TENMAT users experience significant energy savings.
TENMAT FF130R LED Recessed Light Covers allow the insulation to be continuous and uninterrupted over the whole area of the ceiling, therefore saving energy and carbon emissions. The FF130R covers are fit within seconds and do not require assembly or special tools.
If working in a fire rated ceiling assembly, you must use a fire rated solution, such as TENMAT Fire Rated Light Covers.
- Fire tested in accordance with IEC 60598-1.
- Thermally tested according to UL 1598 for usage with IC and Non-IC rated low profile LED recessed downlights (Max. wattage 13.5W).
- Ultra flexible (Ideal for remodel applications).
- Lightweight (approx. 7 oz.).
- Compatible with sprayed foam insulation, low density foam, blown-in insulation and lay-in insulation.
- Reduces heat loss through the light fixture.
- Limits the amount of cold or hot air entering from outside.
- Prevents insects and other small animals from entering through the light.
- Keeps flammable insulation at a safe distance from LED lights.
- Easy to fit – can be fitted in seconds – No assembly required.
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling.
- Flexible material enables cover to be retro-fitted and/or fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted.
- Maintenance free.